How often do we debate about Love marriage vs Arranged marriage? We discuss the pros and cons and I am amazed by people who take a side and defend it. Let me introduce you to the third kind. I belong to this clan.
The third kind:
We are a breed who snickers at people juggling relationships in search of true love. We are the kind who cannot wrap our minds to the concept of arranged marriage/love marriage. So yes, we are the little lost kids of destiny who have no inclination to take the either of the path in front of us and have no idea what so ever, how to find our mates. Our attitude and behaviour is infectious and we can hurl ghastly blows to 'in love' and 'arranged to be married' couples or the mixture of both.
How to identify us:
- 1. If you tell us you love us- we will probably laugh and roll on the floor which might cause you to change your mind.
- 2. We are usually, perpetually single. We are not mushy and lovesick, nor do we have any dream hero/ dream girl description to tally matrimonial profiles with. We don’t know you see!
- 3. We are far away from the worldly description of “a suitable bride/groom” and “an ideal girlfriend/boyfriend”. We don’t know how we will be as companions. Our mind says it will depend on who we finally get tagged with.
Why we don’t get into relationships:
- 1. We hate the whole cycle of – infatuation, dating, in relationship, fights, breakup – poof! We are anyway distressed souls so we leave the drama for the rest of the crowd.
- 2. Even if it ends on a happy note- we don’t have the patience to reach the stage till you figure out you can live your life in our company.
- 3. We can be romantic ( psst. read the love poetry I write) enough to confuse you that we are inclined to love. The reality is- we like the idea.. we don’t like the process. And don’t assume we are the sorry heartbroken people. We probably talk about it to ensure ourselves there is an organ that beats in our ribcage.
What we don’t like about arranged marriages:
- 1. Brainless educated jackasses in search of a “disciplined”, fair, slim girl. :d in short an impressive looking doormat :P or a Phoren settled well off chap, a ticket to USA! ;)
- 2. Your FB page and blogs telling us your parent(s) has no clue about the son/daughter you are and that the profile that they have created was keeping in mind what you were like a million light years ago.
- 3. Uploading/Sending pics that look like mug shots taken in rented clothes! The idea of you probably judging us, “Oh can I sleep with that?” – It is sickening!
But we are a human form and yes we look out for company. I am particularly interested in the penguin style of finding a mate by singing- the song of heart? But,because I am no singing sensation beyond the walls of my home and my happy feet don’t tap. I guess that is not an option. So, ending on a happy note with song of the heart courtesy: Happy Feet :D