December 1st and I am full of joy already. Birthday mood is creeping in, I am looking at things to buy, and I am holding on to that cash so that I can splurge on the D Day. So, a month and a half for Jan 12 Well, one big woamp I will be turning 25. There are a lot of things that are a little different this time. I am on my first job and I will actually get myself a gift with own money- now that feels nice! I will buy (and have bought one) a dress that is elegant and suave compared to the baggy jeans and over sized t-shirts which became a trademark for my tomboyish nature.
I wonder why people hesitate to celebrate birthdays, how naïve it is to feel sad about growing old? It is beautiful, miraculous- you lived another year, celebrate!! I mean considering the number of accidents and tragedies, if you have been walking around these streets and roads for past 20 something years and have not been knocked down dead by a bus or car - quite a blessing isn’t it? :P
I normally don’t prefer to write about myself on my blog, I have horribly good reasons not to do that. But, because I am in the birthday mood today, and I can feel the New Year round the corner I am going to spill out some beans. I appreciate all of you who have read my writings and have encouraged and inspired me in different ways. May be I can pick up my pen today and tell you something about me and move to that area of non-fiction.
1. Nature is joy of my life. No matter how much I love the city hustle bustle and hop on and off the train to Bangalore at every given chance, I love the calm and serene towns. Greenery heals me is a manner I cannot describe in words.
2. I am frank person and have no qualms about talking things straight. I hold my tongue when required but if you ask me a question- I will tell you what I truly think.
3. It is very difficult for people to get on my wrong side but if they do I can be bitterly sarcastic, strangely aggressive and adamant. However, most of the people I know tell me I am a very pleasant, positive and cheerful person.
4. I have been a tomboy all my life and you will never ever find me giggling without reason or say,” OMG! Darlings, Sweets, Babe!” I keep my conversations simple.
5. I come off as a feminist and I do some male bashing with my women oriented posts (I have been told so) but, surprisingly, I am not like that. I hate and appreciate men and women equally. There are good people, there are bad people. The good and bad here can be a man or a woman. Period.
6. I write a lot about love and out of the 58 poems about 40 are about love. But, with my truest honesty- I have never been in love. Of course, I had my share of crushes but these poems don’t connect to any specific individual or a guy in my life. I haven’t dated; haven't got my heart stolen/broken, never got involved in any kind of relationship. Puff! There goes all the mystery behind the poems. Love is everywhere- you just need to have the eyes and the heart to write about it.
7. I have been that kind of a kid who gets called to the principal’s office.
8. When I write a story it engulfs me. The characters move around in my head and I become that protagonist and feel the pain or joy of the situation. One sure shot way to get some of my time and attention is to talk about one of my writings. I speak about everything I write with a passion that many do not understand or care for.
9. Hard to believe, but I cry very easily. I don’t cry at stuff like someone spoke rudely and sorts. I cry at strange things. I cried while watching Happy Feet. :P I have tears of joy at the end of a sports movie when the team wins. I don’t understand it either.
10. I am a route dummy. I drive cars, I walk, I am a very smart individual but I get lost on roads. True fact. Once I drove 8kms off track and circled a beautiful hill. Not only that but I have some goof up in life. Everyday something funny definitely happens - It could be something as silly as getting a sandal broken in the middle of office and hobbling around with one foot high and another foot on the ground for the rest of the day.
Any thing else you would like to know? Today is the day, ask me tomorrow, I won't answer it. :P